Saturday, September 1, 2012

Paper Crafting Meets Office Organization

I have managed to take on quite a few projects in our research lab this semester and found myself in need of a new way to keep my papers for various tasks organized.  So today I pulled out a file folder and set to work transforming the generally boring office supply into beautiful office decor.


For this project I used: Fiskars butterfly embellishment from the new Fuse (diecut letterpress in one!) found in the September/October 2012 issue of Creating Keepsakes; Prima paper flowers; Distress Marker in Black Soot (Ranger - Tim Holtz); Glossy Accents (Inkssentials); Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inkpad in Chestnut Brown. Other miscellaneous supplies used were: beads; other paper flowers; colored staples; embroidery floss; brads; ribbon; lace; dimensional letter stickers; teal paper; file folder.

I simply traced the outline of the file folder onto the teal paper and cut it out. After sticking the paper to the file folder, I began its decorative transformation. I can't wait to take it into my office (after enjoying the long weekend, of course).

NOTE: I completed this project for the Fiskars Fuse Contest. If you would like to vote for my entry, please click here. You are able to vote 5 times a day, so take advantage of that! Voting ends September 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment